Yes, there are rules.
1. Thank the blogger who honored you and be sure to link to his or her blog, as I have above. Thank you, J.D. You are a gem.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to five deserving bloggers.
So seven things... I am advised these ought to be witty, but will hope readers will settle for succinct.
1. I am currently reading Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie. Next on the bedside table is Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James.
2. My favorite line from a movie: "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?"
3. It took me nine years to get a B.A. because I kept changing my major (classical studies, French, drama, folklore, English).
4. I love opera. When I was twelve I sneaked backstage and got Joan Sutherland's autograph.
5. I also love Willie Nelson. He hugged me once in Augusta, Maine.
6. I believe in reincarnation.
7. Last time, I didn't.
And now, the next recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
So, newly honored writers, enjoy your moment in the sun. Speak only the truth. Go forth and enlighten.
Please consider supporting this blog by clicking on a sponsor ad.