Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flu and Writing

Today is day two of NaNoWriMo: National Writing Month, and by now I should have launched into my second chapter. My synopsis is ready to go, I know what 's in the opening scene, but I haven't written a jot.

I have the flu, you see, and my brain feels as if it's been wrapped in painful cotton candy. You know the feeling, so I won't go on to describe it in any further detail.  Having the flu is one of the worst things about not being a child any more. No mama armed with vaporizers, thermometers, cool cloths, or entreaties to try to eat a little something. These little comforts are not the same coming from my husband, although he tries. What's more, he's just getting over this too, and it's a long slow trudge to wellness.

 I will try to get well, take my vitamins and sleep the good sleep. Tomorrow I'll get three chapters done -- right?

1 comment: