Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Quarantine as Habitrail

I am still in self-imposed quarantine today with this hideous flu and I feel more and more like a be-plagued hamster. I am shredding kleenexes into my nest, following paths for food, sleep and calls of nature.

I have no little tricks so no one comes to see me except the dogs and they make me skittish. All I'm missing is the water bottle suspended from the ceiling, and I wish I had one.


I'm telling myself I will start writing tomorrow, and am pleased that little snippets of back story are coming to me already. I write them down in a crabbed and cryptic hand for later transcription. It's nice that the brain keeps working and that I have enough strength to run after it taking notes.

Back to sleep ...zzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment